Falconara Albanese is a centre just inland
of the Tyrrhenian coasts of Calabria near to Cosenza.
Its foundation came about during the XV century,
the migration of seven Albanian families, who arrived in Italy
by following Elena, Giovanni Castriota, the King of Albania's
sister, and Giorgio Castriota Skanderberg's daughter. She
arrived to marry Prince Bisignano Sollazzi.
Initially, allocated nearer the coast, at the beginning of
the XVI century, they moved to higher ground to shelter from
Its name seems to be derived from the presence of some hawks
on the rocks known as Castelluccia.
Falconara Albanese was a rural home of Fiumefreddo Bruzio
and Sanseverino property until 1528, the year in which it
passed hands to the Marquises of Rende, who remained in power
until the end of feudalism (1806).
A visit to the City
Here one can visit the San Michele Parochial and the Madonna
del Buon Consiglio Church.
The Castelluccia rock dominates from on high, which can be
approached through stairs allowing the visitor to also enjoy
a beautiful panorama.
Place of interest
- Parrocchiale di S. Michele
- Chiesa della Madonna del Buon Consiglio
- Casino dei Rossi
- Visita a Fiumefreddo Bruzio
- Visita all'Abbazia di San Domenica
- Visita a Cosenza
- Visita a Paola
- Nessun museo segnalato
- Processione religiosa il 15 agosto