was the first name of this village founded in the III cent.
b.C. even if the entire territory was already inhabited already
in previous age from populations picene.
Cited inside the De Bello Civili by Julius Caesar, became
Roman municipium during the imperial age knowing a period
of development like other cities of the Empire. Destroyed
by Goths and Longobards became a fief of the bishop of Osimo.
In the Low Middle Ages it became free Comune
knowing a new flourishing period. It accommodated Federico
Barbarossa during one of its campaigns in Italy for the constitution
of the Svevian Empire.
Cingoli is worthy of visiting for its beauty and for its churches
among which stands out the Romanesque church of Sant'
Esuperanzio with numerous frescoes to its inside.
Other religious buildings are the Church of San Filippo Neri,
the church of Santo Domenico di Guzman, the church of S.Francesco.
The Palazzo Comunale (second half of XIII
century with later adding of the Renaissance portal) on the
Cingolano hill and the Fonte di Sant'Esuperanzio
(fountain, 1525), clearly of Renaissance aspect, completes
the visit of Cingoli.