On the edges of the National Sila Park,
close to Belcastro, is where one will find Sersale,
positioned in a beautiful panoramic position overlooking the
The birth of the suburb came about at the beginning of the
'600s, work of the colony spillages from Serrastretta, due
to the continual oppression from Count Carlo of Aquino.
In the hope of finding better living conditions, they asked
Baron Francesco Sersale to assign some land (3rd August 1620).
The suburb quickly expanded and in 1663 it was acquired by
the Perrone family.
Legislatively, it became head of the neighbouring centre of
Zagarise until 1806, when it became an autonomous commune.
A visit to the City
Sersale has a historical centre which allows for pleasant
walks. One can enjoy panoramic glimpses between the stone
roads, buildings and portals.
One can visit the Madonna del Carmine Parochial with its Neoclassic
façade and beautiful portal, which preserves a marble
Madonna del Carmelo (XVII century) in its interior and the
Immacolata Church which preserves a wooden Madonna from the
The Agorà Art Museum, also merits attention. It exhibits
works by artists from the Sersale territory.
Place of interest
- Parrocchiale della Madonna del Carmine
- Chiesa di San Pasquale
- Chiesa dell'Immacolata
- Cascate di Campanaro
- Cascate di Rupa
- Parco Nazionale della Sila
- Visita di Santa Severina
- Visita di Belcastro
- Visita di Zagarise
- Visita di Andali
- Visita di Cropani
- Visita di Petilia Policastro
- Museo Agorà dell'Arte
- Premio Mamma Carmela
- Estate di Sersale: spettacoli e concerti